As for now, Nepal is pretty safe and stable and a lot of governments are removing travel alerts for Nepal from their lists. If you are traveling, as a precaution you should consult and do some research regarding travel alerts relating to the areas you want to visit. If you are visiting Nepal this article will suffice for your research. We recommend you check these two website for travel alert about Nepal
On arrival to Nepal you are highly recommended to register with the embassy representing your country.
Over the past few years Nepal have seen the conflict and resolved it. As for tourist, Nepalese people believe that guests are god, so all of Nepali people offers the warmest of welcomes and brightest of smile to all visitors to Nepal.
As far as safety is concerned, taking precaution is the golden rule. Some basic things you should follow and highly recommended are
- not carrying and showing expensive jewelry and gadget,
- using services of trusted and registered company and guide for all your travel arrangement,
- remaining on established routes,
- walking in groups,
- not trekking alone,
- avoiding becoming separated from group,
- using map and planning ahead,
- coming back to your hotels early in the evening,
- not be involved on arguments with any one
One more thing you should watch out for is not showing intimacy in public even if you are wife and husband. It is becoming more common in the city area but it may not be appropriate in more rural area.
Nepal looks to welcome trekkers again ahead after the covid 19 pandemic